Since this whole coronavirus thing started, it feels like it’d be better to just rewind and start again back in 2019. We didn’t have a care in the world, and had no idea what was coming!
If I had a to pick a time I’d like to go back to, then it’d probably be the fall! Fall is my favorite season of all time. The smells, the colors, the weather, and of course the holidays are just starting!
With that being said, I decided to make an apple crisp today to make it feel like that time of year again. I first saw this recipe on Tastes Better From Scratch, and it was a hit! I changed a couple of things, but it was definitely just what I needed for a little quarantine pick-me-up.
It’s super simple, and super tasty so let’s jump right in!
For The Apple Filling
For The Crisp
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix all the Crisp ingredients together in a bowl with a fork. When done, put the mixture in the refrigerator to set.
3. Peel the apples, or don’t if that’s your preference. I like them better peeled, because otherwise the apples are a bit too tough.
4. Add the melted butter, flour, lemon juice, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt to the apples in a bowl.
5. Mix with a large spoon until the apples are evenly coated.
7. Remove the crisp topping from the refrigerator, and pour on top of the apple filling in the baking dish.
8. Throw the whole thing in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is nice and browned.
7. Add some vanilla ice cream to the top and voila! Fall goodness in your mouth!
Let me know in the comments if you ended up making this recipe, or what other comfort food you’re making to deal with this quarantine!