Spring is here, and with it is Mother’s Day!
Finally, all the mamas, grandmas, aunties, and everyone else who qualifies will be getting the appreciation we deserve!
Fellas, as much as she says she needs no gifts or thank you’s, I assure you that is not the case!
What I will say though, is that an amazing gift doesn’t always have to be bought!
Having the kids create something heartfelt will have the same effect.
For the mama, that loves having fresh flowers around, this is the perfect craft to let her know how much you and the kids care about her!
What You'll Need:
1. Paint your child’s fingers green with the paint brush. We got a little carried away, but you only need to paint their fingers, not the palms of their hands.
2. Have them press their painted fingers onto the bottom of the flower pot to simulate stems/grass.
3. Repeat this around the entire bottom of the flower pot.
4. Dip their fingertips into your color of choice for the flowers.
5. Let them go to town pressing their fingers into the pot to look like little flowers coming out of the grass.
6. Repeat this step using different colors as many times as desired. I used three colors (pink, yellow, purple)
OPTIONAL: I personally wanted to add my daughters name to the flower pot, so I decided to do dotted letters.
7. Turn the paint brush over and dip into the paint color of your choice.
8. Using dots outline their name on the flower pot.
9. Repeat with as many colors as desired. I used yellow, white, pink, and purple.
10. Now, you just leave the pot alone to dry. This shouldn’t take long because the acrylic paint dries super fast.
11. Add planting soil, and the flower of your choice.
12. Make a mamas day by giving it to them!
Are there any mother’s day crafts you’re excited to do with your little ones? Let me know in the comments! 🙂