Summer is coming, folks!
It’s definitely going to be one for the books, with everything that’s going on in the world.
That doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy ourselves though!
As the temperatures rise, I prefer to keep my desserts a little more light and airy. What’s more light and airy, than a good strawberry shortcake?
I decided to make mines this time a little more festive and incorporate a memorial day/4th of July theme by making it red, white, and blue.
It’s super easy and only needs five ingredients!
So let’s’ jump in to the good stuff.
- Whipped Cream (Mines is the extra creamy one)
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
1. Wash your fruit.
2. Cut up strawberries.
3. Separate the blueberries and strawberries into different bowls, and add a medium amount of sugar relative to how many strawberries and blueberries you’re preparing.
4. Cut the pound cake into slices, so that everything is ready for you to start making your shortcake.
5. Layer the pound cake, then blueberries, then whipped cream. Then alternate, doing pound cake, strawberries, whipped cream, until the mason jar (or whatever you’re using) is full.
6. Add a little whipped cream swirl to the top and voila! A light, delicious summery treat!
I hope you guys enjoy my take on strawberry shortcake, and let me know in the comments what your fave summer dessert is!