With Memorial Day and Fourth of July fast approaching, a lot of us are starting to try to find holiday themed crafts!
This was a really cute and simple idea to let the kids do some outdoor decor of their own.
It only took about 15 minutes to put together and my daughter loved it.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures of it hanging in the wind, because kids are gonna be kids lol but let’s get into this craft!
What You’ll Need:
- White Cardstock
- Red Construction Paper
- Blue Construction Paper
- Red Pipe Cleaners
- Blue Pipe Cleaners
- Blue Paint
- Red Paint
- A stapler or glue (My daughter wasn’t in the mood for glue lol I had to move quick so I used a stapler)
1. Fold the cardstock hamburger style into a cylinder, and staple (or glue) the edges together.
2. Staple (or glue) the red and blue alternating pipe cleaners onto the cardstock.
3. Cut the red and blue construction paper into about two inch strips.
4. My daughter stopped cooperating with me here lol, but paint your kids hands blue, and then press them onto the card stock.
5. Wipe off their hands and then repeat the process with red paint.
6. Once the hand-prints dry, cut them out of the sheet of cardstock.
7. Attach the handprints to the strips of construction paper, connecting a blue hand to a red strip and vice versa using either glue or a stapler.
8. Attach the strips to the body of the windcatcher with either glue or a stapler.
There you have it! An adorable wind catcher for your memorial day cookout! What do you guys have planned for the holiday? I’m just going to be relaxing with the family, and doing a little barbecuing! Let me know how your quarantine celebrations have been going in the comments!